In just two weeks, we welcome one of the most anticipated weekends for music-lovers – Electric Forest: Weekend One.
With a goal to restore the intimacy of the festival, Electric Forest created two weekends this year. Even better, they have different lineups – lineups that were carefully created to attract a certain crowd to each weekend.
I couldn’t be more excited.
Now, let’s talk logistics.
Things I Wish I Would Have Known My First Forest
- It’s dusty! Bring a bandana. While I was under the impression this was a fashion trend, it’s actually practical.
- The heat WILL wake you up. Bring a hammock and sleep in the forest when you wake up in your tent sweating.
- If you plan on hanging out at your campsite, you will definitely want a canopy tent.
- Don’t wanna wait in line or pay $10 for a shower? Kill two birds with one stone and pay $20 and enjoy a day at the waterpark and use their showers.
- Planning on skipping a shower? Bring baby wipes and gallons of water and shower at your campsite.
- Bring a tapestry as a blanket. It’s light and can fold up easily so you can bring it everywhere you go.
- Temperatures are hot during the day and cold at night– pack accordingly!
- Bring spending money. You will be tempted to indulge in the beautiful art and/or accessories. Plan on doing so and you’ll avoid the guilt!
- When your body starts to ache, head to The Hanger for a massage.
- Contribute to the forest. Pick up trash, leave something at the giving tree, or just smile to those around you.
Enjoy this Electric Forest playlist as you venture off to the forest.
See you guys there!