Lollapalooza 2018 Seeks Redemption With Stellar Lineup + 7 Acts Not To Miss
Last Wednesday, Lollapalooza broke silence and shared its entire lineup slated for 2018.
Festival veterans Jack White, Vampire Weekend, and Arctic Monkeys are set to make their headlining returns August 2 – 5 in Chicago’s Grant Park. Accompanied by Bruno Mars and The Weeknd, other names expected to attend include Portugal. The Man, Post Malone, Tyler, The Creator, BROCKHAMPTON, Travis Scott, and Logic. Lollapalooza 2018 will also feature a special performance from its founder and Jane’s Addiction lead singer, Perry Farrell.
For a number of reasons, it’s safe to say Lollapalooza 2017 was a bit of a bust.
Between an abrupt mid-set dismissal from ex-Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher and shortened performances by both Muse and Lorde due to severe weather, many goers were sent home early, agitated, and unsatisfied.
Despite a series of unforeseen mishaps, the festival’s saving grace was carried by memorable performances from fan favorites, including Cage The Elephant, The Killers, Run The Jewels, and Chance the Rapper.
For better or worse, Lollapalooza’s extensive changes in recent years have us feeling optimistic.
Aside from the addition of a fourth day in 2016 (expanded from a three day fest in 2016 to celebrate 25th anniversary), the price of admission has also continued to rise. Regardless of cost, Lollapalooza remains a staple end-of-summer event for Midwestern youth, attracting the likes of nearly 400,000 annual goers. Carried by a list of promising acts and a highly dedicated fan-base, one can only hope for a bounce-back year.
Ahead of Lollapalooza 2018, here are 7 artists on the bill who are worth checking out.
7. Goldlink – The rapper released his debut album “At What Cost” in early 2017 after achieving high praise from the success of his first and second mixtapes. Check out Goldlink’s Same Clothes As Yesterday, featuring Ciscero.
6. Tyler, The Creator – Coming off the success of his 2017 release “Flower Boy”, the Odd Future founder will be returning to Lolla this August. Feel free to check out Garden Shed from his latest effort.
5. Knox Fortune – The Savemoney affiliate has amassed close to 1 million Spotify streams from his debut project, “Paradise,” taking a much different road from that of his hip-hop counterparts. Check out Lil Thing, the second track from the Chicago native’s latest release.
4. BROCKHAMPTON – The San Marcos collective led by Kevin Abstract put out their fourth studio album, “Saturation III” in mid December. Listen to BLEACH, the seventh track off the 2017 LP.
3. Jack White – Recently returning from a short hiatus, Jack is back with a vengeance. Check out the heavy hitting new track Over and Over and Over off 2018’s “Boarding House Reach.”
2. Arctic Monkeys – Recent rumors have indicated that the band’s newest project could be done as early as May of this year. Arctic Monkeys will be headlining Lolla for the first time in four years. Their last visit was in support of the highest-grossing vinyl of the current decade, 2013’s “AM.” Listen to “Arabella” from the album here.
1. Logic – Currently sitting atop the Billboard charts at No. 1 for his “Bobby Tarantino II” mixtape, the rapper is set to return to the city that put him on the map. In 2012, Logic played his first ever sold out show at Reggie’s, a small music joint located in Chicago’s Near South Side. The Maryland native quickly developed a special love for the Windy City due to the tremendous support from his local fan base, eventually adopting the destination as his distant home. Knowing all of this, it’s hard to believe that the rapper’s return will be nothing short of bittersweet. Listen to Indica Badu, featuring Wiz Khalifa from “Bobby Tarantino II.”
Additional information on the fest, including single-day and weekend passes are available at the official Lollapalooza website.
Swedish House Mafia Reunion Shuts Down Ultra’s 20th Birthday With Epic Set
Do LaB Unveils Musical Lineup for 2018 Coachella Stage
Mamby On The Beach Leaks Their Massive 2018 Lineup!